During the development of your customized financial program, our associates will walk you through a step-by-step process that will provide confidence in your decisions.
Your goals are important to Lax & Co., and once they have been established, we will customize appropriate strategies to suit your vision and objectives.
Key Features Include:
- Personalized investment planning
- An objective, unbiased investment process
- A wide variety of funds
- Investor-friendly quarterly performance reports
- Continuous portfolio management and rebalancing
Your Lax & Co representative will lead you through a four-step process designed to help you achieve your long-term goals.
Step 1: Identify Goals & Objectives
Define your tolerance for risk, the timeframe for your investments, and outlook for future financial needs.
Step 2: Determine Asset Allocation
Asset allocation involves more than just calculating the right blend of stocks, bonds, and cash in a portfolio. Discuss your options, weigh potential risk and rewards, and diversify your portfolio to steadily work toward your investment goals throughout various market conditions.
Step Three: Recommend Asset Managers & Implement Your Personal Strategy
Before a program is selected for your portfolio, it is put through a rigorous due diligence process. This process is designed to identify funds that have performed well in the past and that appear likely to perform well in the future.
Step Four: Ongoing Portfolio Monitoring
Ride out the daily twists and turns of the market by reviewing the overall performance of your investments against the time-frame and strategy you have set.
Market conditions, contributions to the account, and other factors may cause the allocations to fall outside the targets originally set for the portfolio. If this happens, one or more of the money managers may re-balance the portfolio back within the desired range based upon the investment strategy you agreed to with your Lax & Co representative.
In addition, ongoing changes to the mix of funds will be made based upon the latest research and information found during the investment selection process.
Concierge Insurance Planning
Life’s events are often unexpected, and it is important to be prepared. Lax & Co specializes in Insurance Planning in a variety of areas and we understand that there are many choices when selecting insurance. We offer clients a boutique customer service experience with the resources of a global broker. Clients benefit from our industry relationships that have been strong for over 45 years. Team members bring years of experience and expertise to provide insurance solutions tailored to client needs.
More than insurance:
We understand that purchasing insurance is only one step in helping manage your risk. Far beyond the traditional model of insurance brokerage, we pride ourselves on providing solutions that will reach your insurance planning needs.
Lax & Co clients benefit from a wide array of service providers who further assist in mitigating risk and providing solutions for families and businesses.
Owner of Lion Street:
Lax & Co., LLC is proud to be a Lion Street, Inc.owner. Lion Street, a privately held financial services distribution company, focuses on providing high-net-worth individuals, family offices, business owners and corporate clients with comprehensive financial solutions to meet their sophisticated planning needs.
The relationship between Lax & Co. and Lion Street offers an open channel to exchange ideas and optimize best practices. Our partnership ensures that we remain well informed on the most advanced strategies in today's marketplace, thus enabling us to consult specialized practices within the industry's peers, to examine and determine complex planning requirement for our clients' needs.
Value Proposition for our Clients - 401k
Everyone is unique, and their retirement goals and needs are no different. At Lax & Co, we understand that like the market, your needs and goals will also change over time. We will work closely with you and review your investments on a regular basis to ensure the best possible returns in your 401(k), and take seriously the trust that our clients place in us with their future. You work hard and deserve to retire and enjoy your golden years comfortably. Lax & Co. will be a proud partner in helping you reach your retirement goals.
CORE COMPETENCY: Lax & Co., LLC has been providing retirement plan services for over 20 years. Our firm is made up of experienced investment and retirement professionals. We understand the goals and objectives of our Plan Sponsor clients as well as their plan participants. Our true retirement plan core competency gives us unique insight into fiduciary issues, effective education deliverables, and upcoming trends.
MISSION: Our services model provides a comprehensive scope of services that protect plan fiduciaries through formal governance and due diligence. In addition, we have a true passion regarding participant education to enhance outcomes and income replacement to provide a secure retirement.
FIDUCIARY GOVERNANCE SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Provide a holistic practice service model that includes a fiduciary service calendar as well as semi-annual governance meetings
- Drafting of an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that is integrated with the record-keeping platform
- Provide detailed and rigorous fund revenues and bench-marking of quantitative and qualitative metrics to analyze effectiveness
- Secure ERISA 3(21) fiduciary investment services by national fiduciary firms to ensure the highest level of oversight and transparency independent of the record-keeper
- Perform regular and consistent fee bench-marking and Request For Proposal (RFP) process to drive true cost efficiencies
PARTICIPANT EDUCATION SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Provide a robust employee education service model that incorporates an array of diverse topics presented throughout the year both on a group and one-on-one basis
- Drafting of an Education Policy Statement (EPS) that outlines an education structure and measures effectiveness
- Provide guidance on effective tools to increase plan participaion through plan design features such as auto enrollment, optimal company match levels, and target date funds
- Detailed analysis of the Plan Sponsor of participant data and behavioral trends regarding participant rates, deferral amounts, loan/hardship activity, fund diversification, and web utilization
- Separate targeted education campaigns based upon retirement ages, knowledge level, sophistication, and presentation content